Saturday, April 25, 2009

WAITING AND WATCHING......

Things are still looking good. The monitor last night and this morning show that the baby is doing well. He has started to fight back when his monitors are put on. Last night he was kicking at the contraction monitor every 90 seconds or so.
We are looking forward to hearing what the doctor has to say today. As long as things continue to look good, they will try to get Quinn to 35 weeks which is Friday of next week. They say for every day that we can keep him in Quinn is three days less in the neonatal intensive care unit.
I was able to get back home to grab a few things we forgot and to straighten the house up for Quinn's mom. I picked up Shelby from daycare early in the afternoon and had a little time play with her and try to explain to her what is going on. She just wants to see her mom. I was also able to get my truck from the dealership, but it looks like the trip from there to home is all it will see for a little while. I just don't think it will fit in the middle of downtown Seattle or in these parking garages under the hospital.
Quinn's mom came in last night a little after 10pm. Our friend Mike Grega picked her up and got her to our place last night. She will be getting Shelby from the Fundena'ts this morning and taking her to dance class. Shelby is also scheduled to go to a "big sister" class at the hospital in Silverdale today (we thought it was scheduled with plenty of time prior to the arival of baby brother).
If everything is holding steady, I will go back home tomorrow to bring Quinn's mom and Shelby to Seattle. I know Mary and Shelby are anxious to see Quinn. I am going to stay with Quinn all day today, as it not much fun to drive back and forth from here to home.
We will try to get another update out at the end of the day with any new news.

3 comments:

  1. We are saying a prayer for you all and the little guy. Hoping you are making it through the long days anxiously awaiting to meet him. We are sure he will be as handsome as can be and big and strong just like his sister!
    Dana Kate Kennedy and Gentry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all and hoping the little guy can wait till Friday to make his big entrance into the world!!!
    Shane, Ann and Dylan Ohlde:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Quinn!
    Isn't this a little surprise! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. And hey, I'm sure if you need something to keep busy, I can send you ideas for my procert papers- ha ha ha. Kidding.

    Love you,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete