Saturday, April 25, 2009

1 = -3

Yes, I know, I am a math teacher! But this has become my motto as I am enjoying/tired of (you decide) my time in bed. My motto is coming from what the nurses have been saying, one day in the belly right now equals 3 less days in neonatal care.
Baby "Bob" is doing good which means he is still passing all his non-stress test. He is really beginning to hate the monitor and he lets me know everytime it is put on. We got to talk to the attending doctor for about 2 minutes today and she told us the same thing as yesterday; either we are going home tomorrow because fluids are up to continue with bedrest and monitoring at Silverdale two times a week or fluids are still down which means I get to stay on bedrest here at the hospital and try to make it until Friday to deliver. We are on the list to get an ultrasound first thing tomorrow morning so we will know then what the next week holds for us. I am at this point betting on the second - My maternal instinct says that this little one is planning on coming out soon.
Stu stuck around today to keep me company. Tomorrow, depending on what the ultrasound says, he will going home to get Shelby(who I miss a lot) and my mom to bring back to the hospital for the day.
If "Bob" is going to be delivered soon, we will need to start thinking about taking care of and bringing home a preemie. Although he should be over 5 lbs., he will be born 5 weeks early. Hopefully, the steriods are kicking in and helping his lungs. So if anybody knows a great resource for this let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Quinn,
    If it makes you feel any better about things, my sister and I were a little over four weeks early and I think we both turned out fine. Also, my mom is a neonatal care nurse now so if you need anything please let me know. I am sure she could get any information or help you though anything you need more details about. Call me tomorrow if you would like me to have her give you a call. Love you all lots. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that he is strong enough to get upset at the monitor. He'll come out fighting!! I can't imagine being on bed rest and how hard it is to not be able to do anything but when it's for the little people it makes it soooo much easier. Thanks for keeping us updated. Our thoughts are with you all. ~ Leah

    ReplyDelete