Friday, April 24, 2009

Somebody is looking out for us

Well, what we were hoping not to happen did - ultrasound showed yesterday that the fluids had not gotten any better but instead worst. They don't know the reason why but right now I have a very healthy but small baby boy in my stomach whose heartbeat sounds great and is moving a lot. So after my doctor contacted the expert people at Swedish Medical in Seattle, they have decided to send me there, inject me with steroids for little ones lungs and possibly induce me as early as Sunday. They would rather do that then wait another week until he is at 35 weeks and take the chance that something bad happens with the placenta. I am not worried right now because I know that I and little one will be in good hands at Swedish and he is very healthy- he is kicking me as I type.
This morning we have another ultrasound to see how he is doing and if they can possibly figure out the problem. Right now I am listening to his heartbeat as they are monitoring him. I did not sleep well last night but I have nothing better to do today since I am on bed rest and just waiting for the second injection of steroids tonight. The doctor and nurses here have been great so far.
The thing is that last week when we found out that the fluids were low, we were not suppose to have another ultrasound before he was born but I pushed it because I was worried about him being to big. (So instead I am going to have a preemie, go figure). If we didn't have that ultrasound, who knows what would have happened. Also, an old family friend of Stu's was suppose to come up here this weekend for a visit and his car broke down yesterday which made him cancel his plans yesterday afternoon. Stu and I like to think that our grandparents are helping us out from up above.
Shelby is in good hands with our wonderful friends, The Fundane'ts and my mom will be on her way her tonight. She doesn't know what is going on or where mommy and daddy are but will hopefully have the chance to come see Mommy tomorrow.
Please check our blog for updates throughout the day and this weekend as I will try to update as I get news. Also, please keep us in your thoughts as we go through the next couple days.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Quinn, Those grandparents up there really know what they are doing. You are in the best possible place right now and you have everyone here on earth praying for the best alsoI'll keep watching for the news the little one has arrived safely. Love, Grandma Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!!
    Ann Ohlde & family

    ReplyDelete