Sunday, April 26, 2009

The doctor finally came

It was great to see Shelby and my mom this afternoon. Shelb wore me out just watching her dance around while I sat in bed. She did really well with mommy not being able to get up and made it a little bit easier for me by not having a fit when she left.
So after waiting all afternoon, the attending doctor finally showed up today. She pretty much told us what we expected. That we have to wait until the next ultrasound to see what the next steps are. Like I said earlier, the fluid levels have increased but not enough to be safe. So are two options right now are:

1. If my levels show even a little bit of improvement on Tuesday, I should be able to go home to be on bed rest. I would be monitor 2 times a week at Silverdale.
2. If my levels don't increase or go back down, it is up the doctors at Swedish to figure out the next steps. Again, they would like me to go as long as possible but I was told today that they would not make me carry him to full term, they just want to get me out of the "premature" weeks.

*My going home also depends on my doctor's and Harrison's comfort level of delivering this baby. They don't want to send me home too early with the chance that I would have to come back because my doctor won't deliver someone who below 36 weeks.

We are playing the waiting game, which those of you that know Stu and I, laugh because you know that we need things planned out. We will continue to keep you updated on any news we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment