Friday, April 24, 2009

Things are looking good

It has been a very boring day which if you are in my situation is a good thing. I even sent Stuart home for a couple of hours so he can get somethings that we forgot, spend some time with our daughter, get ready for my mom to arrive and go get his new pickup truck.

We had an ultrasound this morning. Fluid is still the same but he is still doing great. The ultrasound says that he is 5lbs. 6oz. right now which is awesome due to the fact that he is probably coming soon. He will still probably have to go to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit when he is born but not as long. So hope the ultrasound is correct on his size.

They have monitored his heartbeat and movement two times today already and those are looking good.

So the doctor on duty today said we had three ways to go right now. They are:
1. Hope that my fluids increase here soon and I get to go home. But I have to be monitored closely for the rest of the time and will probably be on bed rest.
2. Keep monitoring the baby and if he is doing great try to hold off for inducing until he is 35 weeks which will be next Friday. The longer the wait, the better his lungs will be and the bigger he will be. I will be on bed rest at the hospital until then.
3. Keep monitoring the baby and if anything doesn't look good, induce as early as Sunday.

I am anxious to hear what our doctor, Dr. S says tonight/tomorrow morning about this. She is suppose to be one of the leading doctors in her specialty. I will be completing my last steroid shot this evening, which is you have never had one is quite painful.

So it looks like I will be here for awhile. Stuart called into work and let them know that he doesn't know when he will be back. I let him know that his wife will be giving him the permission on when he is allowed to go back to work. Shelby is doing okay. Stuart tried to explain to her what was going on today and she was very sad that she couldn't see mommy. Which makes her mommy very sad. Hopefully, I will get to see her Saturday or Sunday along with my mom that is coming into night. She is very excited that she gets to see grandma tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Quinn, I wish I could be there to help you. Hang in there I know sitting in bed at the hospital has to be the worst thing in the world especially with Shelby not with you. Craig and I are both thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Hang in there. We love you.

    ReplyDelete