Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sea Trials

Stuart is currently on sea trials for the USS San Francisco. If you ask him what this means, he would give you a long complicated answer that only an engineer could give but basically it means that they are out in the submarine testing to make sure that it works correctly. He left last Tuesday thinking he would be back on Sunday but now they are saying Monday night/Tuesday morning. I was not surprise when I heard this after dealing with my husband working for the department of defense for the last six years but I wonder if he packed enough clean underwear to go the extra day or 2. I also don't know how someone can manage to be out in a submarine, underwater, for that long of time let alone how long sailors spend out there.
Shelby and I have been doing fine without him even though we both miss him. When he is on sea trials we don't even hear from him at all. Shelby has had a couple moments where she has gotten upset that daddy is not here. Mostly when mommy has not made her happy:) Like always when Stu is gone or it is just us girls, she has been sleeping with me at night. The last 2 nights she has been dressing like daddy when she goes to bed - sleeping pants only. Hopefully, we will have him back early this next week. And now that the project is over, Stu will not have to work nights or weekends for awhile.

Here is an article that has appeared in our local news while he has been gone. I made sure I printed a copy for Stu for him to see the trouble the sub caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment